LIFE IS A BALANCING ACT!

The committments of life make it hard to balance what we need and what we want for ourselves.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Gift Of Practice

My practice is not perfect(I have missed a day or two), but I've learned that I can do yoga anywhere, anytime. I don't need special clothes or a sacred space. Even 10 minutes a day is better than nothing. I have come to understand the value of daily practice- for mind, body and spirit.

Why is home practice so important? Your personal mat is the perfect yoga lab, where you can experiment with poses to understand how they feel in your body. Even the smallest movements can help you in your daily life.

More importantly daily practice has put yoga front and center in my consciousness. I working on noticing my breath and to stay connected with it throughout the day(even when chasing my kids around!) I also have worked it into my bedtime routine to help me relax and focus on breath. Even in tense situations :dentist, difficulty at work, or just waiting in line at the grocery store. Yoga spills over into every aspect of my life.

I do yoga the way we all do: In the body I have, minute to minute, in the midst of the life that I have been given. It is awesome.

Namaste,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment